Saturday, October 29, 2011

No trade . . .


I spoke with Brian from Caruso Music in New London about trading my Kholer & Campbell piano for a digital piano but it seems they really don't want anything to do with my piano! Surprise, surprise. We bought the piano in 1982 and I thought it was a new piano. Guess what? It was already 13 years old when I bought it! That is so incredible. I had no clue I had bought a used piano. Of course Kholer & Campbell went out of business around 1984. Oh well, c'est la vie, n'est-ce pas? Live and learn. The good thing is that the piano is fine for me. I only wanted to change to the digital because I could then play to my heart's content with a headset on and I wouldn't care about anyone one else being bored by my poor playing! They're getting at least $1,000 for the cheapest digital piano. I paid that for my second hand console almost 30 years ago. I emailed photos of the piano to this Brian person just so he could give me an idea of what it's worth. He must have died laughing because I haven't heard back from him! I do believe that there really is no market for a marginal 42 year old console so I'll just keep the thing. Kiddo was tickling the keys yesterday and he's starting to get some nice sounds from it. (I had not realized that the piano had a serial number. Makes sense, I guess. Anyway, that's how I found out that the piano was built in 1969.)

It is snowing out as I write on this cold, windy Saturday evening in October. A northeaster! Who'd a thunk it? I haven't even finished cleaning out the garden! C'est vraiment dégoûtant. Kiddo and I spent a lot of time outside in the cold playing baseball and Grampa fixed up a contraption early this morning so Kiddo could shoot off a model rocket using the air hose near the garage. He had a blast while poor Grampa was freezing. I made a nice cold weather supper tonight: a lentil casserole with jasmine rice. It was quite good but I did use some of the green Tobasco for a little kick!

Quote: There are many times and circumstances in life when "Our strength is, to sit still." ___Tryon Edwards

1 comment:

Natalie said...

guess I'll still have a piano to learn from,come on teacher you can't sell it after just one lesson taught to me,I did not think I was that bad,:")
your cooking sounds delightful,I made a spaghetti squash dish yesterday that was rather nice. Glad I'm leaving on a plane Tues. thought I would get out of here before the snow flew but no such luck, oh well,soon I will be warm.