Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The celebrated toad of East Feliciana Parish . . .

Sorry Samuel but I like the title! Went into the bathroom last evening and I saw a brown splotch on the floor. Knowing that puppies can sometimes forget where they are supposed to go potty and thinking the splotch looked rather 3D'ish and could also be a leaf we had dragged in I gingerly picked up the raised brown spot with a tissue and wrapped it in another tissue before taking it out on the verandah where daughter-in-law was relaxing. I proceeded to shake out the tissues and she jumped up to see what I was up to. That's when we saw the brown, horned splotch leaping off into the grass. So glad was I to see the splotch jumping, much better than having to blame the puppies!

Spending a quiet day at home after mailing out A Passage to India, a set of audio CD's that I sold on Amazon before we left Connecticut but couldn't mail as the USPS was closed for the holiday weekend. I've sold about $200 worth of my audio books. Better than just holding on to them pretending that I'll listen to them a second time!

Son is off to North Carolina for his company and Southern Daughter is off to work so I can rule the roost while Puppy's Pop is out flying in preparation for this weekend's contest at Independence Park in Baton Rouge. He was off yesterday with his friend Gil and went out to lunch. Now that was perfectly fine except that he had a muffuletta for lunch! That is my absolute favorite lunch and I didn't even get a morsel! Very unfair of the man but I survived by having my peanut butter English Muffin lunch! Took the time last night to plan our excursion for this trip to our Southern family. We'll be visiting Live Oak Gardens and Lake Peigneur in New Iberia. Also hope to visit Shadows-on-the-Teche an antebellum home overlooking Bayou Teche. Perhaps we'll be able to stop for a meal at Mulate's in Breaux Bridge on the way home. Hoping we'll see some cotton fields on our journey and the harvesting of the sugar cane crop. Have to remember to ask Southern Daughter if we can borrow her camera.

No comments: