Monday, October 3, 2011

Another crazy weather day . . .


Started out foggy and cool, then beautiful sunshine at noon now back to cool and cloudy. We did get a lot done today. I cleaned up half of the garden, the half we're going to let go back to lawn! I'm cutting the garden in half. It's getting to be too difficult to clean up in the Fall. So next year I'll just have tomatoes, cucumbers and flowers! I think that'll work. I may have to put in a few squash and green beans too but then I'll call it quits. Sounds like a good plan for me and Puppy's Pop. We also had a planned visit from Bousquet's Appliance Store because I have been having on again off again troubles with the new washing machine. It'll be out of warranty in November so it's a good time to get it checked out. Of course it was perfect! But the young man (he races radio control cars) did explain that the newfangled machines are all computer controlled so if my wash is not well balanced it won't spin! That's what I figured but I've also been doing small washes which is not a good idea. It seems the machine likes to work at its optimum capacity. I also have to be careful not to use too much soap. Wow, so much to think about just to wash the clothes. I will use the wash cycles more judiciously from now on. I tend to wash everything in the normal load configuration. He told me to use the heavy load for towels and jeans. I guess I really should pay attention to the directions he gave me which I didn't get when we bought it! The Elantra is averaging 35 mpg so I'm pretty pleased with that. Sold another set of audio books on Amazon for $75. Not getting rich but it's making room for other audio books! We also had a good time at the Little League Field where Puppy's Pop flew and I got in my two mile walk. Cousin Louis dropped in at the field to offer us some more flowers but I had to decline as we won't be home to appreciate them. Maybe I can get some at the end of October if we don't have a frost too soon. The raspberries are just getting ripe and beautiful. Grampa picked me a handful and they are very sweet. Going out with Oneco friends for supper. Always a plus!

Quote: Hundreds would never have known want, if they had not first known waste. __Spurgeon

No comments: