Saturday, October 8, 2011

Phew . . . finally slowing down . . .



Did my lunch duty yesterday for two hours and let Kiddo run around with friends at the playground since he got out of class at 1am for First Friday. We managed to get a quick bite to eat at McD's before heading to Moosup. Then we were nonstop baseball, ladder ball and traipsing through the woods to locate Yoda's grotto. After supper he and Grampa played with the Wii and watched a movie. Then the real fun began! He finally showed a real interest in the piano so I showed him how to play a few notes but his hands are a bit clumsy for now. He asked me to play while he sang! What a blast! He read me a book about sharks before going to sleep. After homemade breakfast this early morning he washed the dishes so we could go faster. We were up in the woods again to find some really strong branches which we turned into staves so we could fight like Robin Hood and Little John. He's pretty powerful and I have to be careful I don't get clunked! After breaking at least 4 staves we shifted back to baseball. He even likes to pitch and is using a glove too. Wonders will never cease. Later he tired me out just watching him swinging and jumping off. I think he did that for about an hour while I basked in the sun on my hammock. Too bad kiddos have to grow up. He's a lot of fun just the way he is. He found a book series he likes so he and I ordered the last four of the eleven book series. Freddie Fernortner, Fearless First Grader gets himself into some interesting predicaments and even though Kiddo is in second grade he likes the books. I'm not about to argue about that! He keeps books in his desk at school so if he finishes his work he has a good past time. Smart teacher.

We're pretty much set to leave for Baton Rouge. The oldest turned 40 today. Seems impossible. I do remember Puppy's Pop driving us home from Norwich with A. in my arms. Ma Tante was at the door to welcome us home. That was so very heart warming.

Quote: Blessed be the hand that prepares a pleasure for a child, for there is no saying when and where it may bloom forth. ___Jerrold

No comments: