Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lucked out . . .

Decided to spend a relaxing day at home and we lucked out big time. Son got back from North Carolina this morning and didn't have to be at work until 2:00 this afternoon. Puppy's Pop needed to go to the Hobby Shop in Baton Rouge which brings us very close to Frank's Restaurant and Smokehouse. I drove to Frank's with son and came back home with Puppy's Pop! The best of all possible worlds! Had to bring back about half of my lunch but it was great: red beans and sausage on rice, crunchy sweet potatoes, fresh collard greens, biscuits, cornbread and fresh, unsweetened ice tea. Not sure how I can possibly eat supper tonight but I will cook up the deboned chicken we bought at Chris' Specialty Meats in Zachary so that Southern Daughter and the guys can have a good meal. Grampa and I will set out tomorrow for our excursion after some pecan waffles at the Waffle House. Now it is time to sit on the porch and read. I've already taken Lily and Shelbie out for their walks.

2 comments:

natalie said...

you're making me hungary,but where's the grits?

Qu'que chose said...

Puppy's Pop always eats the grits I get for breakfast. Not my favorite food.