Thursday, April 12, 2012

Booty . . .


Puppy's Pop and I went treasure hunting at the old fishing spot on the Moosup River in Oneco yesterday. He has borrowed a metal detector from our young boy neighbor who got two for his birthday last year and doesn't use either of them! His step dad brought one for Puppy's Pop to play with a few weeks ago along with the manual. Nothing of any value was unearthed on our property and Claude said we should try at beaches. Our treasure hunt brought us a working cigarette lighter, a snub nosed bullet, a squashed Mountain Dew can, a sardine can cover, a few pieces of wire and a bottle cap. We lose!

I've been beaten at so many games of cribbage lately that cousin S. has decided that we should learn how to play bridge. She's actually got me raring to give it a go. It seems that she and I would be partners against her sister and sister's husband. The two sisters already have a tutoring program for their computers. Mine will be here Friday but I've been practicing on line using S's version of Hoyle 2012. She gave me her unlock key! My robot partner and I finally won last evening. I think we're at a 16% win rate! Contract bridge is a rather intense game. Too much to remember but if S. is willing to stick with me I think it will be fun.

Picking Kiddo up at one o'clock today and we're going bowling. Then we'll get our pick-me-up dish of frozen yogurt at Frogeez. We should have a good day. He's on vacation this week. Monday he beat me fair and square playing scrub but I beat him big time at hallway soccer. I'm also improving at Wii Skylanders! Brought Spyro up another level. Boy do I ever get high fives for that!

Grampa is on his way to the flying field but I decided to stay home and do my walking in the house. Not sunny enough for me yet.

Quote: True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united. __Humboldt

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

online tutotring is not fair,you beat me.Don't I count?Let's not cheat.

Qu'que chose said...

Must use on line help for Bridge. It's very confusing for me! Susan has been beating up on me in cribbage! I promise I won't take lessons in cribbage!