Saturday, April 14, 2012

What a fantastic static display . . .


Grampa didn't drive Kiddo home this morning because the Yankee Flyers had a static display at Brooklyn International Airport. So after playing badminton, Qwerkle and driving to Groton I came down Route 169 into Brooklyn to see how they were making out. I was bowled over by the sheer number of planes and their beauty. Of course I didn't have my camera but Grampa told me someone had taken pictures so maybe we'll get a chance to show them to you if they are posted on the Yankee Flyers' web site. I didn't stay long. Grampa has been there since about 8:30 this morning and should be home around 2:30. We're going to the Jogues Club in Coventry, RI for a dinner to raise money for the cement to complete the horseshoe pits for the summer league. I hope all the pitchers weathered the winter well. So many older players are no longer pitching. Think I'll just relax for the rest of the day. I'm pooped. Played soccer and basketball yesterday with the Kiddo.

Quote: The uncertain glory of an April day. ___Shakespeare

No comments: