Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hoping for a phone call . . .

The entrance to the Train Museum in York, England. We'll now be studying trains!

Puppy's Pop and I went to the fundraiser at the Jogues Club yesterday. They had a fantastic crowd and I was so glad to see that our old friends had weathered the winter and are ready to start playing horseshoes again. John, the 98 year old, has been playing in his backyard with some of the regulars every Saturday. He's an amazing man. His friend Dot hasn't been well but she's starting to get better from a bout of infections she suffered when she had back surgery last summer. She ended up being hospitalized or in rehab for over seven months. Moral of the story: don't go to a hospital in Rhode Island! We bought tickets for a 50/50 raffle and also bought tickets for what I would have called a penny raffle, but is now a dollar raffle! I put most of the tickets on three baskets of booze worth $150 each and one ticket on a bike. Since we didn't stay late I'm hoping we get a phone call today to say we won something! They had a lot of fantastic stuff. Three different horseshoe leagues participated in the fund raiser. The new pits are going to be really nice.

Puppy's Pop is already at the flying field for today's flying demonstrations. Not sure if I'll join him after Mass. I'm still feeling lazy. It does look like we'll be having a beautiful summer day so I may just veg out on my swing. The Bulletin accidentally left us a Sunday paper. A good excuse for doing nothing and reading less than nothing!

Quote: What is history but a fable agreed upon? __Napoleon

No comments: