Monday, April 2, 2012

Busy . . .

The pet!

Almost too much to do lately! I stayed in Groton until 9:15pm Friday. Big brother came home early from his date so I could get home to get some sleep. Saturday morning Sue G. picked me up at 6:55 and we went to Bristol, CT for Le Party de Sucre. What a great time we had from 9am to 3pm. Couldn't believe how fast the day went by. Had all kinds of French Canadian foods and music all day long. There were over 400 people in Saint Ann's Church hall for this second annual sugar shack. Last year the venue was really too small and not well equipped but this year was perfect. The best part, naturellement, was La Tire. Oh my gosh. It was more than delicious. I only went up twice but I got a lot each time! La Tire is maple syrup boiled down until it is thick and then it is dribbled onto snow. You take a flat stick and twirl it around in the gooey, sweet, luscious, amber goodness and eat. I would have waited 6 hours with no other food or entertainment just for that.

Middle child, Kiddo and Dad came to pick us last night and we went to Riverview for dinner. We haven't done that in quite a while. So another great day went speeding by. The only downer was that my poor UCONN women got beat by the Irish in the Final Four. Bummer. I hope Baylor kicks their butt Tuesday! I will watch and root for Baylor!

Puppy's Pop is going to pick up his younger brother's roto tiller. We bought it from him so now we'll always have it when we need it. I've really thought it would be a good thing to have so I'm pleased. Of course Puppy's Pop has to do all of the work! The ramps are part of the deal. Neato! Stopped to see kid brother in Preston this morning and he pegged out on me twice in cribbage and all's I got for the agony was French Roast decaf! But it was worth it, really. His wife got home as we were finishing up the beatings. Good company, good coffee and N and I made a date for a good walk next Monday.

Going to see my Primary Care lady in about an hour or so. She's following up on my last visit in September! And yowser have things changed for the better! I must say that I'm feeling just great.

Quote: The first sure symptoms of a mind in health are rest of heart and pleasure found at home. ___Young

No comments: