Wednesday, April 4, 2012

El Camino back in action . . .


When I returned from Backus this morning Puppy's Pop had the El Camino out so we went for a ride to Oneco to see where they are building the town's horseshoe pits! Some how they have gotten donated money to build a number of pits to teach kids how to play! We saw where they had staked out the area near the gym and library at the old school which is now the town hall. It is on the opposite side from Puppy's Pop's control line field. It seems that a teacher at the Sterling School who is a Rhode Island horseshoe fanatic has gotten permission to go ahead with the pits. Puppy's Pop found out when he went to the last session of the Tuesday indoor pitching group in East Hartford. The Connecticut club is going to help out with the Sterling pits. That's a riot. Puppy's Pop is all excited. Pretty cool.

Made a pretty decent supper tonight with the recipes we got at Backus last week. We had pan seared haddock with orange ginger glaze served with Caribbean rice and baby spinach. I surprised myself. The fish was very good although the rice was a little undercooked. I had run out of Jasmine Rice so I used some brown rice too. Should have remembered that brown rice takes more water and twice as long to cook! But it was still good and tasty. The best part was the sauce. I think I may have to cook some fish at least twice a month. Mrs. Dash's spice is used in every recipe the chef gave us last week. I was surprised that it was so spicy. Helps make up for the lack of salt!

Kiddo and I were talking about music last night and he said he'd like to learn how to play the keyboard. I've got to think about that for a bit. Not sure if he would really put his heart and soul into it. Haven't talked to middle child about music yet. Not sure how this can be worked out. He's only 7 so I don't think we have to rush into anything. I still have my piano but I feel certain that I would like him to be able to play an electronic piano so he can have headphones and not drive his folks bonkers! Besides my piano is staying here in the old house! Oh well, these are just random thoughts and may not amount to a pee hole in the snow!

Quote: Criticism often takes from the tree caterpillars and blossoms together. __Richter

3 comments:

Natalie said...

think I am ready for another piano lesson,if you can tolerate this miserable student! :")

Qu'que chose said...

Come on down! Oh dear, I guess it should be "Come on up!"

Natalie said...

I am ready for lesson # 2!