Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Now that was nice . . .

Just returned from Top of the Bay at Oakland Beach in Rhode Island where Puppy's Pop and I had a very nice lunch. When I came home from Backus Rehab and Central Hyundai where the Elantra's ignition cylinder was installed I asked him if we could go out to lunch. And so we did. Nice ride on this partially sunny, cool day. Puppy's Pop had spent all of yesterday painting and cleaning up the furnace/laundry room in the cellar. He found enough old paint (balsa, white, light blue, medium blue ) to mix up a very decent concoction of super, very white light blue. The room looks quite nice. I am impressed.

  I spent last evening with Kiddo. We ended up at Bluff Point in Groton where he was going to practice casting. It it was so windy and cold he settled for a lot of running round, trying to fall in the water and our favorite rock throwing! Naturally after all that running around on a cold windy evening we needed to stop at Dairy Queen for a snack! Thank goodness for mini-Blizzards. I worked off the extra calories with my Backus12 mile stationary bike ride and lifting weights. (Only five pound weights) I always feel good when I leave that class. I hope I will keep up the exercises when I'm finished with the class in late June. I must admit I get somewhat lazy and have to push myself to work out.

Time to blanche some asparagus and throw it in the freezer.

PS I do not like the new Blogger interface. I do not like it, Sam I Am. As one can plainly see my picture is in the wrong place and I'm not in the mood to figure it out.  I'm lucky I got it on here!


Quote:  A fool always finds some greater fool to admire him.  __Boileau

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

I have always loved Bluff Point. N worked there for four year during his college years. So happy that you also enjoy the beauty and natural serenity of such a magical spot. Horses,bikes, fishing,submarine and sailboat watching ...you have it all.