Thursday, April 26, 2012

A good deed and a splurge . . .


Got a call from Groton daughter that husband was taking the day off therefore I have a day off. Decided to buy one more two pound weight so I can have a pair! Of course Benny's didn't have any except the ones I already have 3, 5, 6 and 8 pound. Only slightly dejected I went to Central Coffee to get some Kcups for middle child and French Roast Decaf for the Bunn. They only had Expresso Roast Decaf which the man swore, on the proverbial stack of Bibles, would be just what I wanted. Wrong. It's just minimally okay. I have to doctor it with instant chicory imported from France. It's not too bad and it did wash down the cranberry-orange scone rather well. So much for my splurge.
I finally went for a walk up Main Street and through the Little League Park using the heart monitor. I certainly do get my heart rate up to 135+ easily. I thought I would have to do some running. Not the case. Just a fast walk does it. On the way home on Ward Avenue I saw a truck pull out of Winco and go immediately left up the one way! I tried to wave him down but he kept going until a car coming at him got on the horn and he took the side street in front of Sunnyside. I called the Plainfield police because they had a accident a few days ago when another idiot did the same thing but got a lot further! I did mention that there is no sign as you come out of Winco forbidding a left turn. With this economy there are a lot of people selling scrap metal. Winco is probably getting a windfall of copper piping from all of the abandoned properties and those for sale in Eastern Connecticut!
Just saw bluebirds in the dogwood. Damn, I need a really good camera with a telephoto lens. Mine is good but no telephoto. Grampa should be home shortly from his mowing job at the Yankee Flyers' Field. Perhaps he'll go flying and I can go along for a more relaxed walk.
Quote: Surely there is something in the unruffled calm of nature that overawes our little anxieties and doubts: the sight of the deep-blue sky, and the clustering stars above, seem to impart a quiet to the mind. __Jonathan Edwards

No comments: