Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Donkey power . . .


Went to see younger sister yesterday. After lunch we went to Granville,MA for our ice cream treat. ( I'm not lactose intolerant. It just seemed that way when I was having the stomach problems. Yay!) We go to a farm where they have a petting barnyard. Two years ago their male donkey, Taco, was loaned to UMASS for stud purposes. He's still hard at work. The farm now has one of his baby donkeys, Tacquito and baby's mother, Anna, too. They are much better tempered than the father donkey. They had to post warning signs to keep your hands away from him. He hee-hawed a lot too. Noisy character, Taco was.

The Élantra is fine. Waiting for a new ignition cylinder to come in and then we'll go to Central Hyundai to have it installed. Thank goodness Monday's fiasco didn't cost us anything but lost time. We also bought a spare tire kit, just in case we ever need it. We have roadside assistance but it's a good thing to be prepared to fix problems on your own and not have to wait for someone to show up. Waiting is painful! I still have no patience. Getting worse with age!

Started to work out with four pound weights today after my 25 minute biking exercise. Pretty neat. Jeff is going to add more weight exercises Friday. I hope he has a sheet to remind me what I'm supposed to do and how many repeats. It felt good.

Kiddo spent yesterday evening running through the lawn sprinkler. That's how hot it has been the last couple of days. Today is more seasonable but still warmer than usual. Too windy for flying though. I will leave shortly for my cribbage fix with S.

Quote: It is on the sound education of the people that the security and destiny of every nation chiefly rest. __Kossuth


No comments: