Saturday, June 16, 2012

Almost a three disaster day . . .


The day started in salubrious fashion when Kiddo got up late and after breakfast we all went to the Sterling School for some flying. Kiddo had the control handle, Grampa started the plane and then went to help with the takeoff as I held the very beautiful see through yellow plane. With a wave of Kiddo's hand I let go of the plane, turned to get the camera and heard "crunch, crash, jimminy crickets." I turned to see the poor yellow plane on the asphalt with a crushed wing. Not fixable. There was no fault to be found with the pilot, the plane was flawed and not controllable. But Kiddo revived when we got home and he was invited next door to play with the kids in a monster bounce house they had set up for today's birthday celebrations.

After we left Groton we went to LensCrafters in the Waterford Mall to pick up my replacement glasses. I really didn't like the original pair I had chosen and gave them some leeway to make me a pair of rimless which are the only kind I like and have worn for years. And . . . the bifocal was more than half way up the lens! Yikes. Impossible to fix. The lady agreed that they weren't right. She said they were breaking in a new lens person and he insists on making everything standard even though there is no standard pair of eyes! So I may get lucky and have my glasses in ten days.

We decided to go to an early Father's Day dinner. I gave Puppy's Pop the choice of Arturo Joe's or the Corner Bistro and he chose The Outback. The beer was flat, the chowder was cold, the salmon no longer comes with their formerly special sauce and it was a small chunk, centered on an otherwise empty plate. Because he had chosen to have chowder and a Caesar salad he didn't get any sides! They did bring out the vegetable of the day and a sauce of some sort to pacify but it didn't work very well! My rack of lamb was good but no where near as good as Sullivan's in Baton Rouge. The kitchen did warm up the chowder. I do believe that will be the last time at the Outback. We'll give middle child the card they gave us for a free blooming onion as there is an Outback in Groton.
So all in all it's nice to be home watching the races on TV! Son called for Father's Day and Grampa and Father's Day cards are lined up on the marble table. All is well in this old house.

Quote: Slight small injuries, and they will become nothing at all. ___Fuller

No comments: