Sunday, June 10, 2012

Humbled . . .

I have reviled the Bishop of Norwich, in the person of Bishop Côté. He has closed many Catholic schools and sends too much money out of the Diocese. I accidentally ended up at the Confirmation Rites for All Hallows. I thought of leaving but decided to take my glasses off and pretend the Pope was officiating. But . . . here's the kicker . . .Bishop Côté spoke elegantly, simply and well. To paraphrase he explained that living a Christian life is not natural. "What I want to do, I don't. What I don't want to do, I do." That is rather an interesting take on living a Christian life. I stayed for the entire service. I reflected on the age of the Roman Catholic Church and felt as though I were back in medieval times. It was simply fulfilling.

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are: Wisdom, Understanding, Right Judgment, Courage, Knowledge, Reverence and Fear of the Lord.

The Fruit of the Spirit is: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control.

Certainly words worth pondering.

No comments: