Thursday, June 7, 2012

Guess we can call it a "Yay Day" . . .


When we returned from our lunch date at Oakland Beach I had an urgent call from the Medical Center to call them tout de suite. I did. The antibiotic I was originally given was not the right one for the bacteria I had running around so Puppy's Pop gallantly went to pick up the new prescription. Hopefully this one works. I was feeling a bit better but knew I wasn't really well. Now I should start to pick up. Will lay low for another day and expect to pick up Kiddo from his last day of school tomorrow. We have a date with another grandmother to bring our kiddos to lunch at Pizza Palace after an hour or so in the playground. Then he'll be home with us.

I'm still pretty grouchy about the way my phone call was not returned at the Backus Medical Center and am debating calling the office manager. I may hold off because I know I'll go off the deep end. Not looking to get someone fired just want the office help to respond properly to a call. I called the Center Monday at 8:35, they open at 8:30. I left a message on the answering machine explaining that I was really, really not well. Their message said they would return my call. At 9:10 and no return call, I called again, this time for the nurse. Her message said she'd return my call at the end of the day! Brash person that I am I called the receptionist again and lo and behold she answered. I explained I was waiting for her call so I could get a squeezed in appointment to see Jessica. She just flatly said, "No appointments open." That if I were really sick I should come as a walk-in.I asked if there would be a time that was better than another and was rudely told , "No." So I dressed and got there immediately. After that it was pretty smooth sailing. I only had to wait about 15 minutes. But I found the two office workers loud and after I stood up to see what could be making them so obnoxious they closed the sliding window. I guess age is starting to show. I despise callousness and the uncouth. Maybe this rant will suffice.
Quote: Behavior is a mirror in which every one displays his image. ___Goethe

No comments: