Friday, June 8, 2012

The right stuff . . .


It seems that the Bactrim is the right stuff for this infection. I am hyper but feeling better. Went for a slow walk at the Yankee Flyers' field yesterday and found some very beautiful flowers everywhere: fleabane, white clover, purple clover, crown vetch, Queen Ann's lace and the prettiest almost red tiny phlox. I think it's phlox but am not certain. All of the flowers were in full bloom and blowing in the tall grasses. The farmer will probably be cutting them when he hays. The reddish phlox was growing in a recently bulldozed spot and I ventured across the sucking mud to pick it. I really did try to get the roots but it broke off. Once I started to get a whiff of the miasma I had crossed I decided to go back to the worn path. When we returned home I put my best sneakers through the wash!

Weather is improving. The sun is bright. The deep blue skies are clear. Nary a breeze.
Quote: Exaggeration, as to rhetoric, is using a vast force to lift a feather; as to morals and character, it is using falsehood to lift one's self out of the confidence of his fellowmen. --There are some persons who would not for their lives tell a direct and wilful lie, but who so exaggerate that it seems as if for their lives they could not tell the exact truth. __Paget

No comments: