Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Almost the end of the story . . .


Had a warm and delicious visit with older brother and his wife yesterday. We chatted for a few hours and then I made the trek home to a telephone call from middle child who had a sick Kiddo. So I went to Groton for the evening. On my return there was an email from CVS saying that they received the Toprol script on November 22 and would fill it on December 18. Hmmmm . . . so, the Robo call was a mistake and everything is hunky dory.I couldn't stand not calling CVS to complain. Why I do these things to myself I'll never understand. Now for the rest of the story: that darned doctor's office didn't send CVS back the fax that CVS had sent for the renewal of the Toprol. They only sent a renewal fax. Therefore Robo call didn't know that it was a renewal, thought it was a new script and if it happens again I will get another Robo call to which I must not pay attention. Got that? This is impossible. There is no way to win. The stupidity is embedded in the modern psyche. From now on I shall only do renewals through the mail so I can rail at the postal worker in person. That will probably relieve my obsession to correct all faults I find in any system with which I have contact. Too much redundancy and impersonal relations all to save a dollar that is worthless. The world is too much with us.

Poem

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon,
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers,
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
It moves us not. --Great God! I'd rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn. Wordsworth

No comments: