Saturday, November 19, 2011

So funny . . .


Kiddo is so impressed with Grampa's skills as they are playing Lego Harry Potter on the Wii. He generally makes me quit because I hold him back with my total lack of comprehension and skill. He's been raving to me about how great Grampa is. Not sure how to take his lack of tact! Truly, it is great because they are having a ball and I can just read and mosey around to my heart's content. Yay! Oh, oh. I may have spoken too soon. I just heard Kiddo say, " Grampa, are you concentrating?"

The Honda generator is here and I'm impressed by its small size. Just have to get a hold of Kevin H. for the set up and we'll be all set. Puppy's Pop has already found the updated hose and connection for the propane tank on the old camp stove so we're set for now. Hopefully never have to use these life savers but feel better just knowing we've got something to fall back on when state government screws up again. Government and screw-ups go together like roses and thorns. Poor analogy, sorry.

Got super news from the Gastroenterologist. My CAT scan was just fine. No problems. He thinks that I had food poisoning and explained that it can take a long time for the stomach to get back to normal and there could be some foods that it will never like again. I don't want to linger on this subject but even though no one else got sick from the game we ate he explained why I did. Because I was taking Dexilant, a very powerful acid reducer, my body couldn't sterilize the food I was eating and therefore I got an infection. It's weird because I blamed Dexilant and took myself off of it. I didn't know why I did it. At least I know that I'm pretty much back to normal. I only have to go see him after the holidays if I don't feel well. Cool beansies. So far I'm still not tempted to eat too much or drink wine! Hoping that lack of temptation remains.

How about the photo? Pépère Bonnin would be so happy to see my Shmoom (Shmoos.) He could have used them to darn our socks! The gourds came from the garden. Their color changed from green to black as they dried. I brushed the dried skin off and let them sit in the kitchen window to dry until their seeds loosened and they rattled when shaken. Puppy's Pop painted them white for me and I asked him to turn them into Shmoom. I googled Shmoo; came up with the best site for all stuff, Al Capp. What fun. I ended up reading all about Dogpatch. "If I had my druthers" I'd like to go back to the late 1940's when life was easy because I was young and just took everything in stride; no problems, no deep philosophical quandaries, just getting up with Pépère and sunshine.

Quote: Intelligence - While the world lasts, the sun will gild the mountain-tops before it shines upon the plain. ___Bulwer

No comments: