Monday, November 21, 2011

Energy audit . . .

Bayou Teche

The two men from Home Energy Solutions just left. For $70 they put in; a whole mess of new bulbs; weather stripped 6 doors; installed 5 door sweeps and caulked around crown molding. They did some kind of pressure test and we are now supposed to have an 18% savings. They said the house wasn't too bad for 200 years old. They said some 50 year old homes were in worse energy shape. Of course our windows are the biggest problem but Puppy's Pop has that under control so we'll see if our oil and electric bills go down. Still it's supposed to be a savings of about $779 a year and with Puppy's Pop's work on the windows we may save about $1100 total. We're going to keep track just to see if it pans out.

Another mild day for November so I think we'll be going off to Brooklyn to fly and walk. I'm finally working on the hooked rug I started in 2003 when I retired. Can't believe that it's been eight years and I haven't completed it. But I do recall that I took longer than forever to complete a knitted afghan so I'll just go along my pokey way. Problem is that the rug really doesn't go with anything we have in the kitchen now! But I'll use it anyway just not sure where. Of course that is based on the premise that I will complete it!

Quote: To think we are able, is almost to be so; to determine on attainment, is frequently attainment itself. __Earnest resolution has often seemed to have about it almost a savor of omnipotence. ___S. Smiles

No comments: