Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving . . .

This year's Thanksgiving Turkey. Photographic proof that it was cooked here though not on Thanksgiving Day!

Expected to pick up the Kiddo today so he could help with the table setting and pie baking but Mom and Dad are taking the day off so he'll be excited about being home with them. We went off to Hog Heaven Hobbies in Sturbridge to get a pilot for Red Molly, Puppy's Pop's latest plane. I always find something interesting at Hog Heaven and I bought a Klutz book for Cat's Cradle. I figure Kiddo and his Mom can figure it out tomorrow and have some fun with it. We used to play it with Pépère Bonnin and our kids played it with MaTante. I still like the old games the best; not sure if Kiddo will want to stop playing Wii to make time for a string Jacob's Ladder! We have to drive by some of the tornado damage in Sturbridge and it is still mind numbing to see the frightful power of Nature. If I had been living there at the time I think that I would be afraid of every stormy day. On the way home we stopped on the Connecticut Massachusetts border to have coffee and a muffin at Cakettes in Thompson. They've only been open for a month. They took over an early 50's type restaurant and have turned it into a Wifi Café à la Starbucks. I hope they can make a go of it. I find it hard to believe that they can attract very many passersby on Route 131 in Thompson, CT. The muffin was delicious; the coffee weak but I'd stop again and just have them doctor my coffee a bit more.

Okay, time to stop lolly gagging and get to work on the pies and setting up the dining area.

Quote: Wouldst thou first pause to thank thy god for every pleasure, for mourning over griefs thou wouldst not find the leisure. __Ruckert

No comments: