Thursday, November 17, 2011

Slow learner . . . but you knew that . . .


I did it again! Kiddo loves a song called Fireflies and I tried to find the lyrics so I could print them out for him. (He has a mic and karaoke player.) Well finding the lyrics was easy but printing them was impossible, at least for me. Since I'm not really accustomed to the newest printer I ended up printing five pages of peripheral nothings before I managed to cancel the printing job! It seems that the copyright is very well protected. I don't even know how to improve my technical skills since I rarely need them. But when I have to do something new on the computer or iPad it takes me forever to figure it out, then I forget what I learned because I don't use it again for a billion years. Very vexing!

A follow up on the call to the Opthamolgist's office: the lady finally called at 4:30 that afternoon to let me know she had just faxed a prescription to CVS. Cool beansies. I am now somewhat on my way to recovery! Now, that is a real plus. Did get some shopping in yesterday getting ready for Thanksgiving. Looking forward to dinner and company although Kiddo put in his order for a hamburger! I am getting to be a softy in my dotage because I will make him one.

Quote: Pride slays thanksgiving, but an humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. __A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves. ___H. W. Beecher

No comments: