Saturday, November 12, 2011

Woe unto me . . .


Will these tribulations never end? Sent a check in the mail to pay the dentist what the insurance didn't pay and it never got there! Called the bank to put a stop payment and they wanted $30 so I said forget that and I wrote out another check and sent it out. I think it made it. Now that should take care of my trials for a long time. Not the case. I sold an audio book on line for $100 and the money was deposited to our checking account. A month later I received an email that the lady in Colorado was still waiting for Drums of Autumn to arrive in the mail. The package was sent by media mail and I had no proof that it had been sent out so I did the only thing I could do and refunded her the money. Now I'm out not only the $100 but the audio book also! Should the book show up she will pay me through Amazon but I'm not holding my breath. I realize she could be scamming me but after communicating with her I feel certain that she really didn't get the book. I decided to complain to the Postmaster General in a form on the USPS website. Of course I never expect to hear from them because they didn't even furnish me with a complaint number or send me a copy of my complaint! I think I'm becoming a first class loser. I trust everyone to do their jobs properly. Gotta stop this trust stuff and make triplicate copies of all I do plus spend extra money to insure all goes right at the USPS. C'est décourageant.

Just went for a brisk walk with Puppy's Pop to see how soon Starkweather Road will open. It was scheduled for October 1, then October 31 and now November 30. I don't believe it will open in 2011.The telephone/electricity poles have not been moved. They are standing on mounds of earth way up above the new road bed which is at best flattened dirt. It seems we will have to wait for CL&P to come and move the poles and wires along with AT&T. Can't even begin to have a rational thought about when that is likely to occur.

Kiddo was so excited about going home early today because he's going on vacation with Mom and Dad. They're on their way to Cape Cod and he was just about jumping out of his skin. It seems that there is an indoor water park where they stay and he is just so hyped up. It'll be good for all and sundry to get away from work even for a couple of days.

Quote: A panic is the stampede of our self-possession. ___Rivarol

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

The post office does tend to suck. About the only way I've found around it is to not ship via parcel post. Maybe Priority mail shipping (and charging the buyer for it, is a little better, though even that doesn't automatically come with a tracker.