Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another catastrophe averted . . .


Thanks to my Veteran we're all set again. Came home late last night from Groton and a rattle showed up on the dashboard of the Elantra which has 2712 miles on the odometer. I was so upset. When I got off 395 and onto Route 14A the sound disappeared. But on Route 12 it popped up again when I was doing about 50mph. Of course I told Puppy's Pop about my misfortune. This morning he checked out the rear view mirror and it was stable and secure. (The mirror on the Saturn used to get loose periodically.) Then he left for a test drive with me reminding him, poor guy, that he had to drive over 50mph to hear the rattle. I was going to call MJSullivan to let them know the car was falling apart but it's a good thing I waited on Puppy's Pop's evaluation. He was able to cure the rattle. He removed the large, brown oak leaf caught under the passenger side windshield wiper. All is well in my little corner of the world.

Quote: I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. __H. W. Beecher

No comments: