Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How cool . . .


Very cool . . . Spoke with all three kids yesterday. Youngest is looking into buying a house in Northeastern England, oldest has been picked to be Foreman of the grand jury in East Feliciana Parish and middle child and family are keeping fingers crossed for good tidings at the lounge. It's unusual to speak with all the kids on the same day. Definitely a good day by any standards.

Now today is something else! I have been fighting a stye and it is aggravating me so I dared call the Opthamolgist's office and . . . of course the voice mail box is full and no more messages can be left. So please call back. What a dismal picture. So I called another extension, no person, but was able to leave a message to see if the Doctor will call in a prescription. I'm certainly not counting on hearing back from them any time soon. Perhaps I will get it under control with hot compresses and frequent lid washing with baby shampoo!

While waiting for the oil man to come and clean the furnace I have accomplished a first. It is incredible but I have never actually spray cleaned the kitchen floor. I always keep it swept and mopped but not spray cleaned. It is now sparkling clean with Polycare and will last until Puppy's Pop returns from indoor, clay courts, horseshoe pitching! Ah, c'est la vie, n'est-ce pas. Il ne faut que sourire.

Quote: Beauty commonly produces love, but cleanliness preserves it. __Age itself is not unamiable while it is preserved clean and unsullied __like a piece of metal constantly kept smooth and bright, which we look on with more pleasure than on a new vessel cankered with rust. ___Addison

No comments: