Wednesday, July 8, 2015

17 days . . . Incroyable . . .

Unbelievable that as of yesterday I had gone 17 days without the comforting motion of my garage swing but yesterday I conquered my trepidation and luxuriated, basked in its comfort. It was a superior moment. I also managed to get photos of our flowers and the day before I actually caught a Bluebird taking a bath in the stagnant water inside the Tamarak stump. What a great day

Made two Doctors smile this week when I told them I believe I will be 62 years old by the time I finish getting over this wild and wooly surgery. They were both very happy as am I. P&D's Pop told Dr. Foley that he would now be married to a younger woman and Dr. Foley said, "There's nothing wrong with that!" What a witty bunch. But I'm happy we're doing so well.

I decided to try my wings today and drove to the Credit Union to get the tax payment then went to the Town Hall to pay the taxes. I did fine but found out it was too much. Now I know that the mind is willing but the body is most certainly not ready. Both doctors said it takes 10 to 12 weeks to get back to normal so I've got to remember that I was discharged from the hospital two weeks ago and they count the days from discharge.

Danny's Depot Diner is now open in Central Village. They haven't even advertised yet and they're doing fine.We had breakfast there yesterday and it was very good. P&D's Pop brought them some rhubarb from the garden today; I was too pooped to tag along. I think I learned a good lesson this morning. I've got plenty of time to strengthen up and I must take it all.

No comments: