Sunday, July 26, 2015

Holy cow . . .

I could never have believed that going to Mass would be a chore but it was a sad experience today. I haven't been to Mass since the beginning of June at All Hallows. But our bishop in his glory and might has sent our Polish priest to New Jersey, I believe, and turned All Hallows into a farmed out church. The poor priest from St. John's in Plainfield is now in charge of Plainfield, Canterbury, Wauregan and Moosup. It is ridiculous. There is only one Sunday Mass at All Hallows' and it is at 7:30 am. Not my hour of the day for certain so I decided I'd go to Plainfield for their only Sunday Mass at 10:30 am. Oh my, it is a homely church and the music is homelier still. Not even sure that can be possible. That bishop better come up with a priest for All Hallows' or I'm sure there may be many people from Moosup crying at church Sunday mornings. There was no redeeming quality at Mass today. I tried to find one and I came up with all the nice new babies there were in church until the Mom in front of me decided to nurse her child who wasn't even crying to be nursed! I'm not a prude; I believe in nursing babies but I still believe that it is more comfortable for Mom and baby to sit quietly in a rocking chair at home than nurse in public. There is no need to nurse in public unless a Mom wishes to do so. I'm not sure how relaxed Mom and baby can be nursing in a church, store or at a sporting event. I would think the poor baby would get a belly ache! So much for my modernity. It doesn't exist. I actually decided to try going to Mass because my list of appropriate things to do from Dr. Hagberg's Office said I was okay to go to church services this week. Phew, I almost wish I wasn't trying so hard to be a good do bee!

No comments: