Friday, July 24, 2015

Good beginnings . . .

Yup, finally was able to stop all extra pills yesterday and slept much better last night. What a boon to be down to one less pill than I have taken for about three years. Another hurray for me and the medical profession. I've just finished walking for 25 minutes on the top part of the driveway, including the crazy patio area. I'm trying to work up to 30 minutes but it's eluding me for now. I invited P&D's Pop to breakfast at Lizzy B's this morning even though the poor man had already eaten breakfast! But I was in the mood to go see Linda and he was amenable. We had a good breakfast and a really nice visit with Linda. I'd been trying to see her about once a month but failed to do so. I'm going to try again to go at least one Friday every month. She is such a trooper running her businesses pretty much on her own. She's tough and I admire her - I guess it's the old Italian work ethic which her parents instilled in her. At least she no longer works nights in the emergency room in Warwick! Now she just works both businesses all day long! She owns the plaza in Oneco on Route 14 going into Rhode Island and she has her breakfast place and also the convenience store which she runs herself. There is also a bar and pizza place which she rents - busy woman just a few years younger than I. Helps me to focus on what I should be capable of!

P&D's Pop is now off to the field in Brooklyn to fly and mow. I'm just hanging out but later this afternoon I'll go get Kiddo from his summer rec program and bring him back home for the night. Maybe tomorrow we'll go to see the RC Warbirds in Woodstock before we take him home. The weather is absolutely perfect this week - just like September!

No comments: