Friday, July 17, 2015

Tasks completed . . .

I had given myself two tasks to complete today and I can say I've done well. While P&D's Pop was mowing and flying  I went to CVS in Plainfield to pick up a prescription and even though I had to go into the store because the pick-up line was outrageous outside I accomplished my feat. Then I was off to Killingly Commons to Petco to get 500 mealworms for our poor suffering bluebird Dad. P&D's Pop had told me exactly where to go in the store and it was perfect. On the way home I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts on Route 12 and got myself a large decaf iced coffee with cream and sugar and a croissant. Holy shitski, life is good.

Had a surprise visit from Thompson niece and her husband yesterday afternoon. That was a really nice pick me up. They made us laugh when they described their golf outing in Brooklyn where she drove the cart while he played. They didn't stay very long as they were on their way to the Moosup SnacShack for a lobster roll or two. Imagine coming to Moosup because of lobster rolls? We are making a name for ourselves besides drug central of eastern Connecticut.

 Just got up from my almost daily snooze and had mouth watering visions of eating the last quarter of the sweet, juicy cantaloupe for snack. Well that went awry - P&D's Pop had beaten me to it. I guess we'll have to get another one soon. I still crave it. We haven't cooked in a month because friends and middle child and husband have kept us in great food. Well today we have to break down so we'll get a Friday grinder. Yesterday, after I got back from my Primary Care visit in Uncasville we went to lunch at Danny's Depot. Their real roast turkey special was salubrious.

No comments: