Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Smiling . . .

"Blue skies, smiling at me nothin' but blue skies do I see. Never saw the sun shining so bright; never saw days going so right." Not sure if I've got the words right but it has been a very good day. The sky is blue, the sun is bright, the air is dry and a bit crisp - wow. Couldn't ask for anything more. I picked up Kiddo yesterday around noon and he was with us until about noon today. We had a nice day with him. He was excellent company and even when I took my daily hour rest he just sat in Grampa's chair and played a game. Sweet. He beat me at a new card game but I got him at cribbage this morning. He's enjoyed playing with my Panasonic Lumix camera and has done a good job with absolutely no instruction. Nice to be a kid and have no fear. Such confidence is a sign of youth but I hope he can hold on to it as he grows up. It's a good trait.

Backus Cardiac Rehab called yesterday and I've got my first date on the last Monday in August at 9 am for the start of my 12 weeks of improving my physical self. I'm not ready yet but I feel certain I will be in another month. Still managing to get pissy upon occasion but am under control. I must remember that I'm not a patient person by nature and so I must cultivate that virtue. Tough work to be sure! But I'm going to get there. I insist.

Will be having spaghetti for supper tonight. Still nothing to eat from the garden. What a mess that is. The weeds have pretty much overgrown everything but the plants are beautiful dark green and gorgeous with no fruit or vegetables. I think we over fertilized. Even the weeds are gorgeous.

No comments: