Monday, December 27, 2010

And my beautiful spinner is ? ? ?

Out of order. This is the dock on the Chena River as we were coming in on the sternwheeler.

Probably the luck of the draw, not too much snow, perhaps 6 inches total so far but the winds have made drifts all over the yard. The entry way by the kitchen had no snow because the wind had blown right through from the North and made odd paths. In some places you can see the tips of the blades of grass and in others deep drifts. Puppy's Pop has already finished using the snow blowers. Yes, plural. He used the one from eldest kid, who has moved to warmer climes, to clear the upper yard and the old one, that is kept and started in the basement (had to air out before I was asphyxiated,) to clear out the roadside, mailbox etc. I dutifully cleared off the porch and the kitchen step that had been clear of snow until the snowblower person completed his rounds and I had to sweep that clean too! I am distressed because my beautiful, colorful, 3 circled spinner is no where to be seen. It will probably show up in the Spring in the woods all tattered and torn so I will have to go to the Kite Store in Mystic for a newbie. Damn, that'll be a pain because the proprietor doesn't keep the one I like in stock. Most people don't want a top of the line spinner with 3 gorgeous wheels and a delightful tail. It is a bit costly but lots of fun to see the effects of the wind as it whips the spinner 'round and about as I laze in my swing or look out on the yard from the window as I do those dishes.

In any case Grampa is out and about in the Dodge and I've decided to start a puzzle, Coup de dés (Lucky Roll), very colorful made up of dice in all configurations. Who knows when it will be completed but I just feel like having some bright colorful pieces spread out on the kitchen table so when the spirit moves me I'll be ready to act.

Quote: The best throw with the dice, is to throw them away. __Old Proverb

No comments: