Thursday, December 30, 2010

Clio re...re...re...redux . . .


Got our morning call from the youngest that the Clio should be ready to be picked up this afternoon. She is apprehensive about driving it to work tomorrow but will just have to give it a go. Always the Maman, I told her to make sure she had warm clothes; gloves, heavy coat, toque, scarves, boots, double socks, triple shirts and double sweaters just in case she had another breakdown on the frigid, unplowed roads and she had to wait for RAC (her version of AAA) to come out to the rescue for the umpteenth time. The dealership replaced a fuel injector on the misfiring cylinder. We can only hope they have finally found the real problem! How disconcerting. Daughter explained that her "handler" will not get in touch with her until after the new year to explain in depth what has been done to cure the very sick Renault. I was surprised at the word "handler" as I explained that I thought handlers were used to control mad dogs. She admitted that might be how they consider her!

Had a good day with the kids yesterday. Our trip to Chucky Cheese in Groton was fun. The boys managed to share their tokens and earn enough tickets to each get about four pieces of junk. Nephew was hungry for pizza but grandson was hungry for a hamburger. Problem easily solved. I got nephew a personal pepperoni pizza and juice at Chucky Cheese and bought Kiddo a Happy Meal at McD's. Now, since you get a Bakugan toy at McD's nephew also needed a McNugget Happy Meal! I know I'm getting daft but I get such a kick out of these boys. We went to daughter's home and the kids played the rest of the afternoon. Only a few very minor glitches that the kids managed to almost work out by themselves. A good time was had by all. Kiddo's older brother made the paper yesterday because he attained honors at Grasso Tech. I really am proud of him. He'll be starting Driver's Ed after the first of the year at a cost to him of $500. His folks helped out by giving him lots of Christmas money. He's also been taking care of his kid brother during the holiday vacation so I've got today off! I'm planning to put at least 200 pieces into my puzzle today and perhaps go for a walk outside. It is cold and the snow cover is still present but a brisk walk in the bright sunshine will be healthy.

Received at least three singing birthday calls yesterday; two in person, one duet recorded while I was out playing with the kids. Makes you smile and appreciate the good people on this, God's white earth! My mixed bouquet was awaiting me, all well arranged and displayed in the center of the puzzle when I returned in the early evening. Heard from the three kids and so it's onward and upward into 2011.

Quote: Commonly they whose tongue is their weapon, use their feet for defense. ___Sir P. Sidney

No comments: