Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Comfortable here . . .

At daughter's home after a very thorough teeth cleaning. Am waiting for Kiddo to get out of school at 1pm, half day for parent teacher conferences. He told his Mom this morning that she shouldn't go! But she has her appointment for 4:45. I'm sure it will be interesting. He also has a half day tomorrow so we'll spend a lot of time together! I hope he doesn't get sick of me. They have put up a very beautiful blue spruce Christmas tree and it really looks a lot like Christmas. We've got the cold and wind but it's very sunny and no snow. No snow, that's a good thing or I'd have problems getting here. Went to younger brother's yesterday to bring the Christmas penuche. We had a wonderful time just chatting and then the three of us played cribbage. Last time J. won and this time his neato wife came from behind and won. I'm certain that it's a conspiracy. I haven't won any games in so long but at least the people I play are happy! Had a wonderful time and came home with a bottle of red wine and some beautiful winter sweaters and pants. Can't wait to show up for lunch duty with my pretty red cardigan.The kids will love it. S.G. and I enjoyed our French Canadian Chrismas Concert and Sing-a-long. Met a young fiddler from Connecticut who is on FB as Jam Français. He's trying to get younger people interested in their Canadian heritage, especially the music. I told him about the old 78's I have and he's very interested in them. Naturally when I got home and looked for them I couldn't find them anywhere. So I have to find the time to search them out or at least try to remember if I gave them away. I doubt I gave them away. But I just recalled that some of the old very dilapidated records from Ma's house were in the milk room and we threw them away because they had been sitting in water on the floor of the damp basement for years. I hated to discard them but I couldn't see any way to save them. They were not only warped but covered with moss and mildew. The good news is that the records I'm looking for were originally in our house and belonged to MaTante. Hope I locate them. Wonder if Saint Anthony is still working?

Time to go get Kiddo. We'll stop at Richoni's for lunch. The garage is sold. The young man got the full loan. That is so wonderful with the economy the way it is. Not sure when the final papers will be signed but I think he's already at work

No comments: