Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Making tracks . . .



Got up at 2:42am, put on my slippers and Puppy's Pop's flannel lined jean shirt so I could wander out side, make tracks in the light snow and see the lunar eclipse. It was dark, cold, windy, flurrying and a snow sky with a slight glow in the South. I guess that that's all I was supposed to see at that time. I was hoping to see the dark of the moon but instead I just saw a glow that may have been man made lights on the highway! Great disappointment. We're still getting some very light flurries and I've got Grampa out there doing his best Scrooge and Grinch impersonations! He is delivering Trappistine fudge to his siblings! Gotta love that man! He absolutely cracks me up. Besides I asked him to gas my poor little Saturn so he's got his hands full while I sip my coffee in the warmth and coziness of this old cottage home. Will watch UCONN women play tonight. What a lot of hype. Geno has it right when he says of the UCLA comparison, " They did it and we're doing it. Everything else to me is meaningless."

Just spoke with youngest and the saga of the Clio is ongoing. After she wasn't able to get them to take her continuing problems seriously and they said there was nothing they could do to help she emailed the parent company of the dealership and explained her woes. Within an hour she got a phone call and her poor little frenchie Renault is back at the dealership hopefully to be really fixed. ( Had to pause a minute because younger daughter just called again!) It seems that a coil pack is on the fritz and fouling the spark plugs. So . . . although they don't have a coil pack to replace the broken one they will have one tomorrow and she should get her car back tomorrow. She'll only have to pay for the coil pack. Woot! Let's hope this actually does the trick and she can finally trust her car in the freezing cold weather to get her to work safely.

Quote: They who have to educate children should keep in mind that boys are to become men, and that girls are to become women. The neglect of this momentous consideration gives us a race of moral hermaphrodites. ______Horace

No comments: