Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pasticceria Italia . . .


Another restful, peaceful visit with younger sister. It revives the soul to be with someone who knows you inside out. No pretense, no faking just plain getting along and enjoying the company. We started out at our usual spot and had the best grinder ever. No kidding. It was a pepper and egg grinder. I figured it was going to be egg salad but R. explained that it was a pepper and egg omelet with cheese on a grinder roll. We could have had sauce too but we just went plain. Oh my, home cooking à l'italien is superior. It may not sound like much but the simplicity is probably what makes it so delicious. It didn't need any seasoning and the bread was perfectly heated and just crispy enough. Along with a cup of thé and we were comfortably fed before the "suits", "military" and peons stopped for lunch. We left for desert in Southwick, MA at the Italian Pastry and Coffee Shop. R. had the tiramisu and I the Italian fruit cake. Gee, life is grand with the right company. Even the ride is pretty up in those parts of Connecticut and Massachusetts. I had brought R. her Christmas fudge from the Trappistines, a few Peter Mayle travel books that are hilarious, and some more of her things, PCA diploma, First Communion certificate, Mother's Day heart from long ago. I keep finding stuff in this old house that must have been in the other old house and it doesn't belong to me. I always seem to find these treasures when I'm searching for something else I've lost. Still a fun place to roam around in. Even Kiddo likes to go upstairs and wander and then down to the basement. I came home with a Kozy Blanket that R. and S. gave me. I used it last night and it is just perfect for wrapping myself up at night when I sit down to read or watch my Huskies win. The weekly shopping is done so I've a bit of time before I'm off to Groton.

Quote: If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them. _____Thoreau

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

The little Italian joint in new Milford nead the KC plant made great pepper & egg grinders.