Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nor'easter . . .


I guess the weather could be worse than raining, windy, dark, 53 degrees. Yep, it could be snow. It did cause problems last night and early this morning as the roads did ice up but it's just a mess now. Hope it clears for tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm supposed to visit older brother and wife to bring them some Penuche and some letters I found that date back to his military service in Germany. Tuesday I have a root canal in East Lyme and I definitely want to get that out of the way. Getting sick of going to the dentist's office. I just get more angry at the dentist that helped cause the problems. Oh well, I'll get over it. Kiddo had a great visit this weekend. We hardly had time for any TV. He helped decorate the house for Christmas and we've been warned to put only one decoration on the tree when Grampa gets it this week because when he comes Friday he's going to be in charge. Sacred Heart's Christmas Concert is Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it but there will be a slight glitch. Kiddo's older brother's first basketball game is also Wednesday and he's on Varsity as a Sophomore. J. is all pumped up. Daughter is going to try to make both. It'll be interesting. I've found my old French Canadian records and set up the Sony record player up stairs so I can listen to all of our old 78's and 33's. Not too many 45's. We've got so many good albums. It seems that some people are buying new versions of the vinyl record albums because they sound better than the CD's. I was surprised at that. Kiddo and I play the oldies sometimes. I think that he's the only kid that knows how to play CD's, records and tapes! He gets a kick out of them. This darned Northeaster is rocking my outdoor glider that's on the porch for the winter. It sounds a bit like a hurricane. Went out to dinner with Oneco friends last night. My stomach is still acting up but not quite as much. We had a wonderful evening and as we sat talking in their living room, appreciating their Christmas Tree and their very beautiful old house they gave us a box of caramels and a 1000 piece puzzle. The puzzle should be a lot of fun and somewhat difficult. It's an enormous pile of cars of every sort called 50's Junk Pile. Will have much to do when and if we do get snowed in! Bad stomach or not I'm eating the chocolates. One or two a day will be delicious.

Quote: A good dinner sharpens wit, while it softens the heart. __Doran

No comments: