Thursday, February 2, 2017

Nice busy couple of days . . .











Yesterday was the cat's meow.  With Ventress amie driving in her new diesel Chevy truck we went to Lecompt for lunch at Lea's Lunch Room. It's a perfect diner - only a few choices for your meal but lots of choices for dessert - they are known for their pies. I had an excellent ham sandwich, unsweetened ice tea and lemon meringue pie. Everything was just as it should be - not exotic, not gooey but just plain good. Since we were on the road we ended up going to Washington to an Antique School but as luck would have it it was closed so we just wandered around the town - what a fantastic wander! As we moseyed along taking photos of the gardens and homes a lady who was working in her backyard garden invited us to see her property which she had bought in September. You could not believe what a thrill is was to be able to go into the different buildings on this square of beautiful Louisiana land. It had been a bed and breakfast owned by an artist. The lady who owns it now was married there in 1997 and had her reception in the gardens and fully expected to buy the place if it ever came on the market. There are two cottages, a laundry building and a two story home built in 1903. Lisa is having a contractor restore the home. I will put in some photos. We spent a lot of time looking and admiring this old home before setting out to walk around the town and take more photos of the lovely streets with barely any activity at all other than a few kids getting home from school.

We took a side trip on the way home driving on Indian Bayou Levee. What an eye opener for me. I love being on top of the levees. There are homes and camps along the Bayou and places where you can put in a boat or fish from shore. I'm hoping I can get P&D's Pop to take me back with a couple of fishing poles! This area is a part of the Atchafalaya Basin.

Spent a good morning with the three year olds before getting passport photos at Walgreen's. I've only got about six months left on my passport and if I needed to leave the country I wouldn't be able to because there are only six months left on it! Somehow that doesn't make much sense to me as long as I didn't go out of the country for more than 6 months! But - the rules are the rules and I'll mail it out with my $110 tomorrow.

Quote:  Hell is full of good meanings and wishes. ____Herbert








No comments: