Thursday, February 16, 2017

On apprend le francais dans les toilettes . . . c'est vrai chez la Madeleine . . .

One of our neighbors gave me this petunia in the late Fall - Look at it now!
Even if you're pissed, Louisiana (Baton Rouge in particular) has a way to soothe your savage beast. Had to drop off a specimen to Dr. Smither which quite literally unhinged me as we are leaving for Garland, Texas (near Dallas) tomorrow morning and feeling like crapola is not supposed to be in the mix. But at least my good Doctor lets me keep a seven day supply of Bactrim on hand; so after taking the first last night along with a super Tylenol the fever subsided and I fell asleep around 2am. Got up feeling much better than I've felt in about a week and a half. I guess Lady Doc is correct - I may need a low dose antibiotic just as I did when I was in my twenties. It seems I'm not fashioned perfectly well and the imperfection leads to problems. Oh well, c'est la vie, n'est-ce pas! On fait ce qu'il faut faire pour bien vivre. Looking forward to our Control Line Contest trip and also seeing Pam, Lucas and the kiddos. Life is interesting.

The reason I've ended up writing and thinking in French is superbe. After the drop off I smoothly made my way to la Madeleine Country French Café at Perkins Rowe. After placing my order at the wrong place (pourquoi pas, après tout, c'est moi) the charming young woman showed me how the place works and I managed to snag myself a comfortable seat where I waited happily for my Crêpe Romanoff. It was an excellent choice; I think I may even be able to get P&D's Pop to eat there with me as they have regular breakfast items and pretty darned good coffee with mugs you can just keep on refilling. Bien sur I stopped at les toilettes before leaving the restaurant; as you open the bathroom door a voice greets you in French and proceeds to give a short, basic French lesson!Wow, I am so impressed with myself finding places on my own, although my friend Amy did tell me it was good.

 I also spent way too much money on Papyrus Cards at the Perkins Rowe CVS; I like Papyrus cards for special times and I suppose I should find a place closer to home that carries them or go online but that will always be an excuse to go to La Madeleine for Breakfast or Lunch. I even made my way to and from Baton Rouge without Waze; scary how good I'm getting when I'm off on my own.

Felt badly this morning because I had to let The Early Learning Center know that I wouldn't be there today; Miss Camille already knew I wouldn't be there tomorrow but I had a really good book for the kids. Damnation - I shall have to remember it next week.  Well, time to get to work with the wash, feeding the birds and exercising.

Quote:  Children generally hate to be idle, __All the care then should be, that their busy humor should be constantly employed in something that is of use to them.   ___Locke

No comments: