Sunday, February 12, 2017

Slow down, you're going too fast . . . Little things mean a lot . . .

Never too many Eastern Bluebird photos

Thirsty American Goldfinches 
Never too many Eastern Bluebird photos
You know the routine.

Already a busy morning - after breakfast we were returning home when we finally saw Wally, walking not running as he used to do last year when we first moved here;  we stopped to ask how he and Muriel were doing and got the good news that they were finally back living in their formerly flooded home. They live across Brown Road which is only not even a city block from us but they were not  as lucky as we were. I now owed them a nice homemade bread because I couldn't bring it to them in August as they had to live with one of their sons while they got their property back in order. I put the Sally Lunn in the Zojirushi immediately before I went to Mass and P&D's Pop delivered it for lunchtime. I really am glad that they're finally home. They had been flooded out of their home in New Orleans in 2005 with Hurricane Katrina; they certainly didn't wish to go through that again.

While we were ordering breakfast at IHOP we were pleased that our new waitress had heated up the coffee cups - yes, it's a small thing but wow, the coffee is so much better hot and steaming even on a warm Sunday morning in February. We also stopped at Home Depot to get some wood for bluebird houses. P&D's Pop was adamant that we have good housing for our neighborhood feathered friends and the stores around here didn't have the good old fashioned sturdy houses we are used to - so we hit the bank first so we had money for housing! There are already two families installed on our half acre - one in the old residence and one in the fancy residence we ended up buying last Wednesday after we took the pupster out for a walk. We're just humming along in this warmer than usual winter weather. My flowers are taking off since I bothered to cover the ground with soil and pine straw. It's exciting. Even my Knock Out Rose is adding new shoots. I hope I get the hang of gardening in the tropics but with clay for a base. This is the most egregiously terrible soil in the USA. I do like to exaggerate upon occasion.

Must start getting ready for Sunday dinner courtesy of Mr. David. He was more than happy to see me Friday when I stopped by to get some stuffed, boneless chickens and soups. Yes, he sure turns me into a good cook. All I do is add vegetables, salad, bread and a pudding of some kind and we have a feast à la Madame Rose. Good on me! Good on P&D's Pop and whoever is visiting on a Sunday.

Quote:  My desolation begins to make a better life.   _____Shakespeare


No comments: