Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Of Bluebirds, Puppies and Knockout Roses . . .

American Bluebirds

Eastern Phoebe

Eastern Phoebe

American Goldfinch
Feeling a certain freedom this fine southern Louisiana morning - the Bluebirds are doing a high wire act; Puppy is lying on Matante Rose's well worn brown and yellow granny square blanket and my pink cheap Knockout Roses are blooming in their cheap plastic pot as if they were fit for the gardens of  Sisi, Queen of the Austrian Hungarian Empire in the 19th century. It's amazing how the beautiful weather on our infinitesimal half acre of God's magnificent world this clear, bright day can make you feel as if all of your desires have been fulfilled. And . . . I guess that at this particular moment in time all of my desires have been fulfilled. Since I was little I wanted to have a job, marry a good man and have children. It has been my heart's yearning to love my own family to the greatest depths love can reach. Not sure if I have accomplished this deep seated love but I keep trying for it is the sustenance of life. I believe that if you love fully the world is yours. Not sure how that translates into the whole wide political world of global politics but it brings me comfort  and allows me to not get roiled when I read the news of this insignificant place called Earth. Perhaps Earth is a way station where we learn how to enjoy our lives and do our best at all times not to trample on others whatever their persuasion. Perhaps God was mistaken when He created a flawed being in His likeness? Is He having second thoughts about having created man? Is He still trying to correct His errors? Whatever He is up to I hope there is a plan for man to be perfectible but life on this at times rude planet is certainly difficult with man in charge.

Well, enough scrambled thoughts on this beautiful day time to be off to see what else is in store. Will start out in Ventress and see what this day has in store. P&D's Pop is already flying at South Park and Puppy will have to come in the house to look out of the window instead of lounging in the sunshine on Matante's blanket.

Back from my trip with Amy - another fantastic day in the books. To top it off UCONN Women beat Temple. Yay!

Quote: Fortune is ever seen accompanying industry.   ___Goldsmith

No comments: