Friday, February 3, 2017

Wow . . . 50 years married to my best friend and lover . . .

The way we were
How cool is that? P&D's Pop and I were married on a Friday evening after we had completed our work for the day. My younger sister, his older brother, Ma, Pa and Gram were there at All Hallow's rectory for a very short service - a plain wedding. When we went to our apartment in Norwich not far from the Cathedral Pa and Ma had filled it with flowers! Sweet memories. We were back at our jobs on Monday!  So today we started out with breakfast at IHOP and he's already off to get the Dodge Ram inspected and do some flying at Bayou Park while I'll be off soon to be with the three year olds and see what's in store. I think I'll meet up with them in church this grey morning and puppy will keep the home fires burning until we return.

I have deactivated my Facebook account. Just tired of nonsense and drama; it's my own fault for getting too involved in other people's lives. We'll see if I will learn how to use my former Facebook time with better purpose than looking at information that does not improve the quality of my life!

Later today we'll go out to dinner and then spend a quiet evening at home just being us. Life will continue to unfold as usual;we'll always take whatever happens and make it work for us as best we can. I love you husband and friend since 1964 and our Stardust and Harley Davidson days.

No comments: