Thursday, March 18, 2021

A little jaunt to visit My Old Man River . . .

Bayou Sara is rising beyond three sets of trees. We can generally walk here.

Mississippi River not quite at flood stage

My Bridge across Old Man River

Turkey Vulture

 When Puppy's Pop asks if I want to go for a ride I always take him up on his offer. This morning we went directly to the Mississippi rather than stopping at the Birdman. Of course we stopped for a couple of Glorious Morning Muffins and  River Road Coffee on the way back! 

The Mighty River is just about at flood stage and we couldn't walk along the paths I love to trod. There weren't any boats or fishermen although there were a few trucks with their boat trailers parked above the now very short boat ramp. We did walk around but I only saw one tiny bird and I couldn't even see it well enough to know what it was. It wasn't much bigger than a Hummingbird; that's all I can say about it. I did get a chance to try and capture a bird in flight. I find that very difficult and rarely have any luck at all. I did get one shot that wasn't too bad - at least you can tell it is a bird flying in the sky! I have many photos of blue sky!

To top off Puppy's Pop's 24 hour banning from Face Book he got banned again for another 24 hours! He explained to our daughter-in-law in a FB post why he had been banned and of course he had to tell her he used the expression 'White trash!' So . . . there ya go! Thank goodness Google hasn't started sneaking around Blogger yet to see what words people are using when they are writing. I bet the list of expressions and words one can no longer use on line is going to be bigger than an unabridged dictionary! Some expressions just work in certain situations - they are not of them selves pejoratives. I'm quite sure that the programmers who choose the words and expressions that must be banned have not programed into their lists users' intentions. Wow! Pretty difficult to explain something if you can't use words except if they are on an acceptable words or expressions list. I was going to play with being banned myself by just explaining what had happened but I'm sure it's not worth the effort because these Monoliths of Tech Control will just automatically have the program do its job. Pretty outrageous but since they offer free access to their apps they have total control over you if you use their programs. Yeah, still thinking about quitting but not quite ready to give up the pluses - keeping in touch with friends and following sites that I enjoy. I really should get back into writing letters and making telephone calls although the telephone calls on the modern cell phone may not be a safe way to go. I'm pretty sure no one, as yet, is reading the cards and letters I do send! Good grief, just the thought makes me anxious about all the grammatical mistakes they could correct!

Quote:  The highest reach of human science is the recognition of human ignorance. ______Sir W. Hamilton

Quote: Science is the topography of ignorance. ____O. W. Holmes


No comments: