Tuesday, March 2, 2021

It's never easy . . . not that it matters ! ! !

 


Lord, you can come up with some beautiful colors!

I miss this old birdbath.  Geez! The new one annoys me.

Very cold and rainy day but I did manage to get in my walk between the drops. Had to wear gloves, a toque and a good, old Connecticut jacket. When I got back I decided to check out some new cushions for Puppy's Pop's glider. Other than all new appliances  the furniture in our home came with us from the old homestead in Moosup. I believe that is the reason I feel so comfortable in Louisiana so far from our northern roots. I really don't like too many new furnishings and I certainly don't like spending money just to have new things when the old things are well made and comfortably worn. I never worry about anyone messing up the house because it's all used! That being said I must admit that Puppy's Pop's glider does need to be spruced up as it is no long comfortable. I've already had new cushions made for the glider in this little computer room and like them very much. I tried to reach the Newport Furniture store in Vermont but they sold their glider business to a company in Ohio and the Miller Cabinet Shop is not returning my call or email so we'll go to Watt's Furniture in Livingston tomorrow. I spoke with the manager and she said the best thing for me to do, since they don't deal with Newport Gliders, is to bring the cushions and pictures of the chair and ottoman to see what they can come up with to help me out. I'm looking forward to our expedition because I also need a new reading lamp. I have to have one available in every room where I might decide I'd like to sit and read. Yup, I need at least one more for the kitchen/dining area because overhead lighting isn't cozy for reading. I like to set my gliders near windows so I can feel as if I am out of doors at all times but this can be difficult lighting to read by when the days are rainy, grey and cold and the nights are, bien sur, dark with blinds closed.

Who knows I may even get Puppy's Pop to stop for lunch somewhere along the way.

Quote: 'Tis not my talent to conceal my thoughts, or carry smiles and sunshine in my face, when discontent sits heavy at my heart.  __________Addison

No comments: