Sunday, March 28, 2021

Palm Sunday colors . . .





The Sally Lunn is in the bread maker; it's an on again off again grey, breezy, raindrop falling day. We'll be leaving soon for Big Kiddo's home to celebrate M's birthday. Looking forward to a pleasant, calm, delicious meal put together by our eldest granddaughter. I'm trying to figure out what kind of cake we will be having for dessert - I'm guessing Lemon - M's favorite. 

Enjoyed watching the Palm Sunday Mass coming direct from Toronto. The Masses are short with on target sermons, well enunciated readings and the singing is just right. I'm not an over abundantly religious person but I am a strong believer in God, the supreme intelligence and instigator of the Universes. Will want to  talk to this superior being at some point in time to find out why the Earth's peoples are topsy turvey! No rush; the answers can wait. 

Was so happy to hear from my younger sister. We speak on the phone daily; yesterday she was finally able to hug her daughter, my godchild! Yes, they had the masks on but they have not actually been physically together since Thanksgiving. That is just the best news. R has been through an operation on her back; that will suffice to explain the hell that she has gone through. She is now living in a great nursing home; she can no longer live alone. I am reminded daily about how well she is doing;  I am thoroughly amazed by all of the care she receives. I can hear it in her voice. She is pretty much always in a good mood and has no worries about falling as she only walks with two aides helping her; she also  has a battery powered wheel chair. I imagine she'll be scooting down the halls one of these fine Spring days. She has also,finally, been able to walk outside with help. Unbelievable.

Puppy's Pop did a heck of a job cutting back the Sago Palm by the front door. It was pitiful. The freezing weather we had this winter turned it into a mass of brown and yellow fronds. He also used the rest of my special palm tree fertilizer and I will trim off the dead whatever you call them at the top. It looks like the new fronds rotted and dried up. It will be like cutting thorns. As long as I'm properly dressed it will be easy as they are just short, brittle and easy to trim. I hope we have saved it. It wasn't  in very good shape when we got here five years ago but we worked on it and it came back to life so I imagine it will be okay once again.

Quote:  Clouds - Those playful fancies of the mighty sky. ____Albert Smith

Quote: Clouds - That looked as though an angel, in his upward flight, had left his mantle floating in mid-air.  __Joanna Baillie

Quote: Flowers are the sweetest things that God ever made and forgot to put a soul into.  __H.W. Beecher

No comments: