Friday, March 12, 2021

Finally, a decent little vaccuum . . .

Brown Thrasher


 I've been threatening to get a brand spanking new baby Dyson (my old full featured Dyson is still good but my Baby Dyson died) so I can keep up with the indoor/outdoor rug at the kitchen door but a few months ago I settled for a Shark. The Shark didn't like starting up unless you handled the switch very delicately. Now, really, handle a vac delicately when all you want to do it pick up the little piles of debris that come into the kitchen each time we go in and out? We have grass but the underlying earth is clay, clay, clay. It gets very wet and windy here fairly often and wet clay is a pain especially when the leaves have been blown all over the back porch. It's an almost impossible situation for someone as picky as I am about dragging in dirt. I don't know where that comes from in my genetic makeup because most of the family on both sides were just nice, regular, wonderful people.  But someone must have been picky unless I have just added that to the gene pool all by myself. In any case I looked up the Dyson V 7 on Amazon and I didn't really know if I wanted to pay a lot of money for something that will only be used to pick up dirt as it comes in the door. Puppy's Pop suggested that I find a store and we could go look at what I wanted. We ended up at the Vacuum Cleaner Store off of Florida in Baton Rouge. I  spoke with the owner on the phone and he told me he doesn't carry Dysons but he repairs them all the time! He is the only only authorized service center for Dyson  in and around Baton Rouge! 

Anyhoo . . . we did see the Bagless Stick Vacs and bought a JohnnyVac for $279.99 total, a little less  than the Dyson V7 and I know where the store is so if I have trouble I can easily get it all fixed up! It's great. I no longer have to bend down to sweep up the crumbs and clay! Well that made me happy so all is well with the world. Now if My UCONN MEN can beat Creighton tonight in the Big East Tournament I will be thrilled.  They beat DePaul handily last night. 

Quote:  Dirt is not dirt, but only something in the wrong place.   _____Lord Palmerston

No comments: