Sunday, March 21, 2021

A slow walk at South Park . . .


Northern Flicker 

I seem to be doing something illegal as I try to place the Northern Flicker video. Oh well, we'll just see how this all turns out. I have a funny feeling that the video and photos are going to be lopsided - the story of my life!

Decided to go along with Puppy's Pop to South Park this morning even though I still can't walk properly. I can't stand not going out and roaming around.  It drives my crazy and the weather right now is perfect for being out of doors - dry, sunny, breezy, 70's. It don't get mo' betta than this. I stayed within hailing distance of Puppy's Pop just in case I needed to be rescued but I took my time and all was well. It kills me to slow down but it seems that age can creep up on you and then you realize you're not 68 anymore!
 
 I was pretty shocked to hear a bird calling from way the heck up in a tree and to be able to find the stinker. I am usually not that lucky. I wasn't sure what I was taking photos or video of; I thought it might be a year old Red-headed or Red-bellied Woodpecker but I was surprised  when I got home and downloaded the FZ200. I have rarely seen a Norther Flicker in a tree. They're usually on the ground digging up little critters to eat; I've often seen two or three of them together. I was really pleased with the  shots and videos I was able to take this Sunday morning.  

My UCONN MEN were beaten by the Terps yesterday.  I was surprised that they didn't play well - they certainly were outperformed by the 10 seed. I'm sure that Coach Hurley will have them ready to make another run for the top of the NCAA Basketball Tournament next year. Gee, I'd be happy with a Sweet Sixteen - I'm not greedy! At least LSU is going to be playing Monday.  Tonight we'll watch  MY UCONN WOMEN play. That will be fun. I'm sure they will be meeting some tough teams down the road a ways. But for now I'll settle for an easy win . . . I hope!

Made some stew at Big Kiddo's home yesterday and brought along my Sally Lunn bread, nice and warm from the bread machine! Granddaughter made a from scratch chocolate cake with peanut-butter icing and snickers sprinkled around the top. Oh my, it was fantabulous. I'm sure that my weight will suffer if I keep eating my piece of cake and the frosting from Puppy's Pop's piece! I will have to curtail eating the good stuff if I don't want to get way the heck out of shape. (Out of shape is okay but way out of shape is not!) I love sweets, chocolate milk with sandwiches, and just plain old bread and butter. Will never pass the eat healthy tests!
 


Quote:  To select well among old things is almost equal to inventing new ones _______Trublet

No comments: