Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Poor Puppy's Pop was banned from FB for 24 hours . . . that is hysterical . . .

Eastern Bluebird


Too funny

 Slowly working out the kinks in the left leg. Had to dig out the sciatica physical therapy sheets from 2014; slowly getting better. Not fast enough to please me but if I'm persistent I shouldn't be as grouchy as I've been without my daily walking and be back to normal in a couple of weeks, I hope! The beautiful Eastern Bluebird came for a nice visit last night and the Northern Cardinal was just sitting pretty as the day turned into evening.

That last two days have been very special for us. Friends from Connecticut stopped in and it was so good to be able to sit and talk for hours. Yes, we do miss our Connecticut peoples! The South still has a hold on us because the weather allows us to be outside almost every day of the year but when I think of home it means Highland St. Extension where I lived for 24 years  with wonderful, generous, intelligent parents, brothers, sisters, Pépère Bonnin and the old Caron Homestead on Plainfield Road where Puppy's Pop and I raised our three kiddos. All of the memories, loves and heartaches are engraved in my soul. The heartaches are hurtful, après tout, we all must leave this world and find our better selves in the realm of the Maker. But enough of seriousness and on to funny.

Yesterday Puppy's Pop wrote a comment on a video that a Moosup friend had posted to Face Book: "White trash." Yes, he was banned for a comment on someone else's post. Wow, Face Book is watching! It's funny in a way but it is positively scary. It's our own fault for taking part in what FB offers but it is their property and I suppose the best thing to do is to leave them to their business which is minding our business. It makes Orwell's 1984 a true and honest picture of our world gone crazy. I really haven't dropped out of FB completely because I like the Bird, Butterfly and International sites where I post photos and can see beautiful photos from around the world. I'm wondering if I've finally had enough of Big Brother? I should just drop out for good but I still like to check on friends and family. It's addicting for sure. 

Quote:  To rule self and subdue our passions is the more praiseworthy because so few know how to do it. ____Guiccardini

Quote: No conflict is so severe as his who labors to subdue himself.  ____Thomas a Kempis

No comments: