Thursday, March 11, 2021

Definitely was not in the mood for photos . . .



 Today was just a too ordinary day. I walked, of course, and then decided I needed a new plant or two. I should not have been surprised when I got to Clegg's Nursery and the parking lot was almost full. After all it is March in Louisiana.  I'm still on Yankee time and generally don't think of gardening until the end of May! Yikes, everybody and her uncle were buying new plants and gardening stuff. But it went smoothly. I only bought one new flowering plant and a patio tomato along with new gloves and Zinnia seeds. It is the first time that I buy seeds here in DS and there were a lot of seeds in the package! It was astounding! I couldn't even count them - the number was so great. 

 I really was in the mood for a dull day and certainly not in the mood to take out the camera but . . . what can you do when you're trimming a plant, that did survive the ice and cold weather, and a big, fat, brown frog comes galloping from the center of the dense plant and jumps right up into your face before landing on the cement block almost at your feet? You get the camera; take a few shots and call it a day. Well, almost a day. I went out right after supper to check on the birds and plants when I saw the little green frog who must have thought he was well camouflaged all tightly positioned on the bare iron display I use to allow the Blue Sky Vine to show off its beautiful deep, vivid green vines and heavenly blue flowers. Necessarily I had to get the camera and try to take a photo in the dark, cloudy evening. I had to turn on all of the porch lights but I did manage to capture the cute, little fellow.

Almost time to get comfortable and watch My UCONN MEN defeat DePaul in the Big East Tournament.

Quote:  Mirth should be the embroidery of conversation, not the web; and wit the ornament of the mind, not the furniture.   ____Talfourd

No comments: