Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Beautiful day for a short haircut . . .



Tufted Titmouse and House Finch

American Goldfinch

 These shots of the little ones were from a couple of evenings ago. I rarely get a chance to see any of these birds sit still long enough to get photos of them but they've been harassed by the huge flock of Pine Siskins so we haven't been putting out black oil sunflower seeds until late in the day. The Siskins seem to like to devour everything in sight first thing in the morning. We're trying to make them go North  which is where they belong at this time of year. I was happy to be able to get pretty close to the little blue feeder and they didn't fly away for once!

Finally talked myself into getting my traditional haircut. I've been trying to let it grow out a bit but it gets out of control so fast since we've moved to Louisiana.  I think it may be the weather - my hair always looks as if I've had permanent waves that just like to stick out all over the place. Much better short and under control - not that I'm a control freak!!! Yeah, I know, that's a poor joke.

Pretty sure I've lost almost all of my plants from last year. I had put many of them in the shed Puppy's Pop has for the lawnmowers and various odds and ends but I've taken them out and I think they are all dead. I've got them against the fence where they'll get morning and afternoon sun but I doubt they will survive.  Lucky me!  I get to go and buy a whole bunch more at Clegg's! I'm going to try to control my impulse to buy one of everything I like. I'm really not a gardener.  I just pick out what I like and hope for the best.  

UCONN WOMEN won the Big East Title last night. They were fantastic. Hope they can keep it up.

Quote:  True happiness is of a retired nature, and an enemy to pomp and noise; it arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one's self; and in the next, from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions; it loves shade and solitude, and naturally haunts groves and fountains, fields and meadows; in short, it feels everything it wants within itself, and receives no addition from multitudes of witnesses and spectators.  On the contrary, false happiness loves to be in a crowd, and to draw the eyes of the world upon her. She does not receive satisfaction from the applauses which she gives herself, but from the admiration which she raises in others.  She flourishes in courts and palaces, theatres and assemblies, and has no existence but when she is looked upon.  ____Addison

No comments: