Monday, March 1, 2021

May have over done it . . .

To Be Desired

Yeah, I just may have overdone it today. I'm even going to skip my constitutional! We were up later than usual and decided to go to Frank's on Airline in Baton Rouge for breakfast and then hit the Hobby Shop. Breakfast was Stuffed French toast with fresh blueberries, strawberries and sliced banana. Always tasty but must admit that Frank's in Prairieville does a much better job. Puppy's Pop had his usual eggs over medium, hashbrowns, hash and the 'best biscuits' in the world. We were still too early for the Hobby Shop so we returned home; I decided I would get to my springtime work a little early. Puppy's Pop set up the power washer for me before he went to South Park. I took everything I could move off of the back porch and backed my truck onto the driveway because I decided I would also power wash the cement on the truckport! Oh my goodness. That is always harder than I believe it is going to be. What is wrong with me? I manage to get twisted up in the power cord or the garden hose or the washer hose and the wand or whatever you call it. You've got to hold on pretty tightly to it so it doesn't go bonkers on you. Well four hours later, having worked through lunch, I finally finished up. It had been threatening rain but instead we got a pretty strong wind and lots of pinky-grey clouds. I dragged all the chairs etc. back onto the porch even though I had planned to wash them also. I just couldn't do one bit more. I collapsed in my Vermont Rocker in the kitchen and finally had a snack around 2:30. I had made a pumpkin bread yesterday and it was perfect toasted along with some good hot chocolate. The temperature had dropped into the 60's so the hot chocolate was great and warmed me up as I had gotten rather wet!

I don't think I'll bother with today's Advocate. I'll just get peeved. Sitting down and working on the very colorful puzzle I received for Christmas from a young friend should make me slow down enough to get the kinks out of my old bones!

Quote:  Obstinacy and vehemency in opinion are the surest proofs of stupidity.   ____Barton


No comments: